All students entering, or transferring within the Jackson County School System must register at the school they will be attending. Students do not have to be present at the time of registration. The following information/documents are required to enroll your student(s) in the Jackson County School System:
- Proof of residency in the parent/guardian’s name must be present at the time of registration. Without residency documentation, your student(s) cannot be registered.
- Copy of home settlement statement or mortgage statement
- Copy of current lease agreement signed by landlord (hand written notes are not accepted)
- Copy of current utility bill/service connection with guardian's name and service address
- Copy of current homeowner’s insurance statement with guardian's name and address
Choose one of the following as your proof of residency: (Post Office Box not accepted as proof of residency)
- Photo I.D. of parent/guardian registering student(s).
- Proof of Guardianship/Custody Agreement - *Required when both birth parents are listed on the birth certificate, but are not living in the same household.
- Signed Authorization to Release Records and Disclosures form.
- Transcript or last report card from previous school with current grades and promotion information. (Grades 9th through 12th must have previous records prior to scheduling classes)
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- State required Georgia Immunization Form 3231. (Can be obtained through local Health Department or a Georgia physician.)
- Social Security Card or signed waiver (SSN waiver available at time of registration)
Welcome to Jackson County. If you have further questions regarding registration, please contact the school the student will be attending.