Summer School Application
Students planning to enroll in summer school must complete the online application form. CLICK HERE to access and complete the application. Please be advised of the following:
• Summer Session will run from June 2-June 19, Monday-Thursday, from 8:30-2:00 each day.
• All courses, except math courses, will be delivered via an online program called Edgenuity. Content area teachers will be provided for academic support.
• EOCTs will be administered on June 19 for courses that have state mandated EOCTs.
• Students 18 years old and younger will have the option of a free breakfast and free lunch each day.
• Perfect attendance is expected. Students are expected to be on time and to stay until dismissal.
• Students who are absent/tardy or who have behavior issues can and will be dismissed from the program without their money being refunded.
Subject Area Competency Test Out for EOCT Courses
Under the provisions of the amended rule and guidelines published by the Georgia Department of Education’s (GaDOE) Office of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, local boards of education shall award course credit to students who reach the performance level of Exceeds on an EOCT taken prior to taking the course. For example, a student may attempt the Biology EOCT prior to taking the course. If the student reaches the performance level of Exceeds, the local board of education shall award the student the Biology course credit. A student may test-out of any course that has an associated EOCT. As stated in the Rule, students may earn no more than three units of credit by demonstrating subject area competency in this fashion.
Kaplan Test Prep
Kaplan Test Prep will be hosting Free online SAT and ACT Cram Sessions for juniors to help prepare for the upcoming exams. We will also host a Free PSAT Practice Test for sophomores on May 3, 2014 Online. To sign up for an event today, please visit kaptest.com/countdown.
For any students looking to prep for June SAT or ACT exam-we have the following listing of online prep courses available
To all Potential Dual Enrolled Students and their Parents/Guardians
Please join us for a Dual Enrollment information meeting on Monday, April 28, at 6:30 PM at Jackson County Comprehensive High School in the Cafeteria. This meeting is for all students who registered during advisement for a potential Dual Enrollment opportunity for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year.
The Courses include:
- Early Childhood Education II – Lanier Tech, Early Childhood & Education Basics Certificate (TCC)
- Early Childhood Education III– Lanier Tech, Early Childhood & Education Basics Certificate (TCC)
- Patient Care Fundamentals – Lanier Tech, (CNA) Nurse Aid Certificate Program
- Possibly Drafting Dual Enrollment